Snake River Animal Shelter will be using foster homes on an as needed basis, picking up during puppy and kitten season, usually spring and fall.
We will be using foster homes for nursing puppies and kittens, puppies and kittens without a mother who are bottle fed, pregnant mothers, and injured but otherwise healthy and adoptable animals.
We will provide all food, milk replacer, litter, and other supplies needed while in foster care. We will also provide all vaccines and medical treatment needed while in foster care. You are responsible for picking up supplies as needed and transporting animals to get vaccines and medical treatment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Driver’s License
- Provide proof of residency (ex. Utility bill)
- If renting home, approval from landlord via phone call and written permission from landlord.
- Knowledge of caring for the needs of animals you resume responsible for
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment
- Adequate shelter for all animals from any kind of weather
- Fenced yard/ area (dogs only)
- Experience in raising and dealing with puppies and kittens with or without mothers
- Able to transport animals to and from shelter, veterinarian, and adoption events as needed while animals are in your care
- Understand that all animals remain the property of the Snake River Animal Shelter and must be returned to the shelter for any medical treatments and to be considered for adoption.
- Agree to abide by the following “Expectations of Foster Homes”.
We are always accepting volunteers to foster. If you meet the requirements and want to be added to our foster home list please stop by and pick up an application or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you have any question please call us at 208-523-4219